Howdy All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txrey

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Louisville KY
Eric here,

I'm not entirely new to the site (a friend of mine in Texas turned me on about a year ago), but I haven't been overly active. That being said, I love cooking, and I especially love cooking meat! I like Texas style brisket, but I also enjoy southern style boston butt and pork ribs. I've experimented with dry aging beef and find the 45 day old "funk" quite delicious on a bone in medium RARE ribeye. I'm also a bit of a hunter. I prefer deer but enjoy waterfowl and birds. Currently I own an XL Big Green Egg, but I have an old refrigerator that I can't wait to do a build on. Will be starting that relatively soon with a thread and pics to document...and probably lots of questions for those who want to help. I want to get in to charcuterie. I'll probably start easy with pancetta and salami, but I'd eventually like to do year long prosciutto cures. I also enjoy dabbling in homemade wine and beer. I'm a huge fan of craft brews (and Shiner Bock of course). I enjoy the site and the forum. Very helpful! Wish I could start off with everything at once, but I'll have to settle for a fridge build...hopefully a curing chamber and a dry aging refrigerator will follow shortly! Last but not least, I'm in the Army so I move around a lot. I enjoy getting exposed to different cultures, people, and etc. I'm currently in Fort Knox KY, living in Louisville and have found I rather enjoy bourbon and huge corn fed deer! I'm in Afghanistan now but will be home in March and you can bet I'll put pictures up cause I'll be trying to play catch up. Thanks for the great site! Ya'll stay classy and Gig'Em Aggies!

Eric

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi Eric...Welcome to the forums!  Sounds like you've been around for a while now, glad you've finally checked in!  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.  Good luck with your fridge build project!  I'll be looking forward to watching how it goes.

And Thank You for your service to our Country!  
usa.gif

Red

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky