how to use an old Brinkmann smoke n' pit vertical smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nonlinear

Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
we got a free Brinkmann smoke n' pit vertical smoker on craigslist. I think it's an old model, there is no hinged lid or thermometer on it. inside are two trays and a rack.

i'm assuming the charcoal goes on the bottom tray, and then water or wood or both goes on the top tray (?)

and then food on the rack of course.

does anyone know where i can find instructions for how to use this type of smoker.

also, we were previously planning on getting a small electric smoker with a door, etc. how would this brinkmann smoker compare to an electric smoker with a door?

thanks!
non.

First of all, welcome to the SMF.
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, stop by the Roll Call section and introduce yourself to the community. We like to get to know our new members like they were family!

To answer your questions, that is an old water smoker. Wood/charcoal on bottom tray, water/flavorings in top bowl.

Someone with more experience can help you get it setup to Q-up some good grubs! Used properly, the water smoker can compare with just about any other type of charcoal smoker.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky