How to store smoked cheese?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I smoked eight blocks/ four lbs for about three hours in December. It was a mix of sharp cheddars and pepper jack. I too made the mistake of trying a piece right after smoking, even after reading all the tips to wait at least two weeks. Curiosity...
It was awful! Definitely tasted like an ash tray, ashes whatever you want to say. It mellowed after two weeks and continues to get better now. Give it time.
It can help to use it with something too, be it a sandwich or whatever to help add other flavors if it's too strong alone.
Good luck

I smoked eight blocks/ four lbs for about three hours in December. It was a mix of sharp cheddars and pepper jack. I too made the mistake of trying a piece right after smoking, even after reading all the tips to wait at least two weeks. Curiosity...
It was awful! Definitely tasted like an ash tray, ashes whatever you want to say. It mellowed after two weeks and continues to get better now. Give it time.
It can help to use it with something too, be it a sandwich or whatever to help add other flavors if it's too strong alone.
Good luck
Good to hear...I going to give it a month or so.

Thanks for the info

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky