How to reheat a butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dadwith4daughters

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Orlando, FL
I smoked two 9lb butts 3 weeks ago for 14 hours. They only got to 190 degrees and at that point, by guests were starving. We sliced one for sandwhiches and froze the other one. Yesterday, I reheated it to 202 degrees, wrapped it in towels and stuck in a cooler for 3 hours. We had it last night and it was almost as if I had taken it right off the grill. Here's the rough plan:

-Wrap tightly in aluminum foil with 1/2 cup of your favorite juice (Apple, Cranberry. I actually used sweet tea and the color and flavor was very good)
-Reheat at 250 for 1 1/4 hours per pound. Here's the rough part as i didn't weigh the meat before putting in the oven, but at 9lbs pre-cued, I figured the weight loss to be around 2-3 lbs.
-Wrap in towels for as long as you need. There was 3 hours b/t the getting it out of the oven and eating it.
-Drizzle with some Meowy's finishing sauce. Man does that make a difference!

Dad.

Thanks for sharing. I find myself time challenged sometimes so it is nice to know you could stop and start and have things turn out fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky