How to prepare fresh Piranha...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gooose53

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
In case you catch any here's a good recipe:

Piranha in Tomato Sauce
Ingredients:
Piranha, whole, cleaned and scaled
4 firm, ripe tomatoes
1 finely chopped medium-sized onion
2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley
half a cup of water
2 tablespoons of margarine
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Peel and cut tomato into small cubes. Put half the tomatoes and onion into a large frying pan, place the cleaned Piranha on top then cover it with the rest of the tomato, onion and parsley. Add the salt and pepper.
Add half of the water and cook covered over a low fire for about 20 minutes or until the fish can be easily pierced with a fork.
Carefully remove the Piranha from the pan and place on a warm serving dish. Reduce the mixture in the frying pan for an additional 5 minutes until thickened and pour over the Piranha.

My Understanding Is This ..they Taste Like Heaven.....a Very Hard Flaky Meat With Un Believable Flavor....and Im Just Chattining Pay Fryed

Ever Hear Of Bloody Mary Shrimp....filet Your Fish..prep Your Pan Fry.. Here It Is
1 Can `v8 Veggie Juice...very Small Can Individual Serving
Add 1/2 Tbs Corse Ground Black Pepper..
Just A Splash Or Sprinkle Of Salt..(kosher )
A Good Tesp Ofgarlic.and Onion Powder..let The Mix Burn Off.stir In Frypan When I Becomes Pastey ..add Your Fish.or Shrimp..ya Can Add Hot Pepper Season Pror To Any Meat Just Let It Thicken Turn Down Heat When Glazzing Meat With Sauce..as I Said Hot Peppers Be Added Before Meat..allow Them To Blend With This.. Ya Like Good Fish..shrimp..grill Or Finish Cook In Sauce Pan Grill .smoker Etc....ps Vodka Can Be Added To Melt The Paste To Blend A Bit Longer..i Am Unfortunatly A Master Of This Recipe..and I Cannot Eat Shell Fish Any More Ya Think Im In Hell.. Well You Wont Be If Ya Try This..remember To Double If Ya Like A Larger Cook..mike

Goose, your recipe sounds good. I'm fairly certain I will not be able to find piranha....do you know of a substitute I could try? Thank you.
smile.gif

Mike, your recipe sounds good too...I will try it with some of my shrimp.
Thanks!
smile.gif

That all sounds great, but aren't you all leaving out the most important step?

Prior to preparation, your finger should be removed from the fishes stomach to prevent cannibalism.

I'll be honest with you....the first time I read that I thought it was a joke! But of course it's not....you can substitute any firm white fish for the Piranha. But if someone does happen to catch a Piranha and tries this I would really like to know how it tastes...

Richtee, let me know where they catch them... I'll fish elswhere. Just ribbin'.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky