How to light a AMNPS - the manly way!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Bernz0matic TS4000 Map gas

u7epa7ys.jpg

puzuza8a.jpg

eqeve9e5.jpg

No need for a heat gun. This puppy puts out that infamous jet sound too.

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Been doing it that way since the first day mine arrived.  Only difference is I've got a "fat boy" mapp gas tank on mine still. 

PS - you forgot to post the glowing yellow hot stainless steel around the ignition hole photo.....

I use a similar torch but it is propane instead of MAP, I know, not as hot, but it works good and it also makes the jet sound! :yahoo:

Flame on!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder how long the stainless will hold up to the yellow (almost white) hot treatment.  Does a wonderful job of starting even pellets often said to hard to start (whiskey barrel comes to mind).

Last edited:
ok. don't make me pull out the big gun. we use these torches frequently i my profession. Give it up for the Fat Boy map
nxsmile.gif

TS-4000 and Propane, been using it 2 years now. My Jerk upstairs neighbor who HATES that I smoke meat used to run out every time he heard the torch fire up on the balcony. Then I let all the Cigarette smokers in the apartment start using it to light cigarettes...Fun Stuff!
devil.gif
...JJ 

Originally Posted by S2K9K   [h3]edited post[/h3]
38x38px-ZC-84cf1503_download.jpg

S2K9K
Yesterday at 8:39 pm

Black,
I just wanted to let you know I had to edit one of your posts and delete a link. As per @TulsaJeff and our User Guidelines, offsite links are not permitted to be posted on this forum.
Here is a link to the edited post:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/139323/stx-turboforce-3000-series-grinder#post_1074283
Thank You for understanding,
Moderator Team
That's OK, edit my posts as you like
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky