how to keep pork butt??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oonighttrain

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
now that my butts are too late for dinner and will not be done for at least another hour.. how should i keep them till tomorrow??

should i let them rest all nightin the foil IN or OUT of the fridge???

leave em in the foil...........till they're kewl............then put em in the fridge

i just posted in a thread on how i reheat butt..............rice steamer...........keeps the moisture content high...........

now as far as pulling em tonite...........ahhhhhhhhhh......i can really offerup a opinion on that

dude

I definitely wouldn't leave them out of the fridge overnight. I don't think they'd stay at 140 even in a cooler. I'd pull them tonight, put it an airtiight container, put them in the fridge and tomorrow before you want to eat them, mix in some of the juices if you saved any or a good finishing sauce and reheat them in the micro or the oven or even the smoker.

Or you could try the bamboo steamer method and add the finishing sauce as you remove it from the steamer.

not to contradict ron....my apologizes ron.....when i did my butt friday........we found it didn't need any finishing sauce...........and if you reheat........now this is with the pork being pulled.........reheatd by steaming........STILL didn't need a finishing sauce........but like i said before........that was here........it was moist enuff NOT to need any more sauce..........but i do realize some like something added to the meat

dude

Contradict me all you want, thats the beauty of this forum, we all learn from everyone, no right or wrong ways.

I havent tried your method but it sounds like a good idea.

I like the finishing sauce not just to add mositure but it really gives the meat an extra layer of flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky