• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How much would you offer for this New Braunfels ?

mozoneman

Joined Oct 20, 2010
I found this on CL, the seller wanted $225 for it. When I offered $100, he dropped the asking price to $200. What would be a reasonable good price for this New Braunfels smoker as shown in this picture.

What is the model, anyway?

Thanks in advance.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Try google or put "new braunfels smoker" in the amazon search tool. Lots of them.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
That looks like the one i used to have .Older heavy guage metal.

I see that he has added the grate level thermos . If it has all the mods done to it and has no damage and very little to no rust, It is worth close to 2 bills.

Check the legs REAL good as they were a source of aggrivation. they weren't strong enough IMO.

Also check around both doors for warped areas.

The warped doors is a fairly easy fix .

Just like a used car ,The more dents and dings you can find the more ammo you have to haggle on the price.

pandemonium

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 4, 2009
I had that one years ago, if thats the heavy gauge steel and i only paid 150.00 new

ifitsdeadsmokeit

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 9, 2010
I sold mine this spring for $50...but it was also around 6 years old, a little rust and needed new charcoal racks and didnt have the 2 extra thermometers on it like this one.  Other than that, it looks like the same model...I think a newer one with the therm would probably be in the range of 100 to 150....

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
I wouldn't pay much over $100.  Keep a Craigslist vigil and you'll find a better deal soon if he won't come down on his price.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Heck the older this post gets the lower the money gets so I say 75.00 bucks

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I got a similar one by Char-Broil for under a hundred I think, brand new , still in the box.

It worth what ever you want to spend, but I'm a thrifty person (aka Cheap) and I'd keep looking

Dan

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Sold my moded Char-griller smokin' pro for $80, was only 8 months old, and had cost $170 new w/ another $30 in mod materials.

For $200 I would just save up another $70, and get a 18.5" WSM.

Last edited:

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Not saying it's worth 2 bills But if this an older model NB .It is worth ALOT more than a smoke n pit. The older ones were heavy steel and would put out some great smokes w/ minimal mods. The doors were heavy enough not to warp and the boxes were thick enough to hold the heat.

Right now i can go to acadamey and see the newer NB and the oklahoma joe pits side by side The nb pits are cheaply made and the metal is thin . The okie joes are the same as the NB pits used to be. The cost reflects the difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.