How many bags?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gethenet

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Racine, Wisconsin
Going to be smoking about 3 butts for a party this fridaynight-saturday.

Was wondering about how many 10 lb bags of lump I should have on hand?

Its with the Chargriller / sidebox

Thanks much

20 lbs would do me i have this setup also and i also use wood chunks,to be honest i would probably get 30lbs to be on the safe side,you never know what might happen then your set either way,if you don't need the extra bag then your one up for your next smoke

Definitely get at least three, i have done several 10 to 12 hour smokes. Most times i'll use at least two, maybe dip into the third for one last chimney load.

While there you may as well get 4 just to have it. Our local wally world has stopped stocking Royal Oak lump Apparently bbq season is over when the I.S.U kids come back to Ames.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky