How long will finishing sauce keep

Discussion in 'Pork' started by hdsmoke, Sep 3, 2010.

1. hdsmoke

hdsmoke Smoking Fanatic

So, i made a batch of SoFlaQuer's sauce the last butt i did...but that was July 4 weekend!  Im doing a couple this week and will need to do another batch probably, but i still have a little from the july 4 weekend.  Its been in the fridge since then.  Will it still be good?  Im guessing yes since its mostly just vinegar.  But thought i would come to the minds and ask. 

Thanks

2. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I would guess that rather than it going bad the heat would be increased by the amount of pepper in there.

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I would think it would be fine with all the vinegar in there. If there isn't any mold in the bottle I would go for it.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

As easy as it is to make I think I would just make some more. It's always better to be sfae then sorry for sure. You might be alright but........

5. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

yes i would think it would be ok, i have used mine that was probably that old and it was ok

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Next time if you want to be really safe you could freeze it. However based on the recipe I think it would be OK to use - you  could always bring it to a boil to be sure , but like Mark said I would just make a new batch if there is any question