• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How long should I hang Country Hams

arch_cpj

Joined Dec 26, 2005
Ive had the hams salting for three weeks now according to the Mortons cure directions. How long should I hand these before I smoke em????

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
for like a "virgina" type ham I think it's like 1 1/2 days per pound for hanging.......

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
only thing I've seen on mortons is for canadian bacon......

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
sounds close...but it I would think it is still dependent on how thick the ham is....or how heavy...also if you are using tenderquick or their surgar cure....not sure if that makes a diff or not.....have not done a ham myself, but one day...bacon.....yup...applewood smoked as well....because hell you can get hickory smoked anywhere....but the applewood is sweet tasting.....yummmy......and maybe even some alderwood smoked....hummmmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.