How long can ribs stay wrapped?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pg77

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Staten Island
I plan on smoking some ribs early in the morning tomorrow and having them for dinner but we have to go out in the afternoon. I planned on smoking, wrapping in foil, and placing in a cooler wrapped in a towel. Would 4-5 hrs be ok to leave them?

I plan on smoking some ribs early in the morning tomorrow and having them for dinner but we have to go out in the afternoon. I planned on smoking, wrapping in foil, and placing in a cooler wrapped in a towel. Would 4-5 hrs be ok to leave them?

No I dont think a rack of ribs would hold temp close to that long. They just dont have the mass.
I would just put em in the fridge and reheat when u got home. They will have even more flavor then when they came off. :)

Just what Tall said. They are even better on the grill after a chill. Sauce em up and crisp em. Or I like to hit em with just apple juice spray and grill.

What I’ve done is drop my oven right down to the lowest setting. 160F if possible, and just leave them wrapped in foil, maybe throw a pan under them. Keeps them at food safe temp and they’ll stay hot an ready to eat. Good for parties.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky