How long can I let my bacon cure? (Could use some suggestions today)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jak757

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Akron, Ohio
I have bacon curing -- today is day 7.  Unfortunately for me, the weather is not going to help me smoke it.  Rain again!

Can I let my bacon continue to cure -- and for how long?  Based on my schedule, and the weather forecast, it looks like another week before I can smoke it.  Should I let it sit in the cure until a day before I can smoke it -- which would mean about 13 days in the cure?  Any other suggestions???

Thanks!

Going to get real salty if you let it lay in the cure.

Pull it out of the cure, rinse it off and keep it in the cooler until you can smoke it.

The cure already cooked it so it is safe, just don't keep letting it sit in that salt.

Going to get real salty if you let it lay in the cure.

Pull it out of the cure, rinse it off and keep it in the cooler until you can smoke it.

The cure already cooked it so it is safe, just don't keep letting it sit in that salt.
Thanks for the info bbally.  I won't let it sit that long.  Guess it can't hurt to sit after rinsing in the fridge.

Thanks again!

I've let mine cure for 14 days, just soak it good with water to draw out some of the salt, very tasty stuff when done,,,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky