How is this handled?

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by baker2828, Nov 15, 2007.

1. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

I am going to cook inside tonight as it's close to about 40 degrees in Cincinnati tonight. I would like to share some pics of my dinner and get some suggestions on what/how other people would cook the small roast meat off a Pismo. I just had my first post the other day but realize this is a smoking forum so don't want to upset people with useless information. I am new to the sight and not a 100% sure how to navigate around here. Is there somewhere I should post this rather than Roll Call? I apologize before hand if I am using the wrong method to get good suggestions as yesterday I got such good information off of one post, I am addicted.[​IMG] I would love to hear feedback but better yet would LIKE to make sure I am using the CORRECT method for positive feedbacks.

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I'd stick it the category of the meat your using. What's a pismo?

3. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

Sorry I got fat fingers and included an 'I' it should be PSMO.
    Better definition of Beef Tenderloin.
    Whole tenderloins are often sold as PSMOs (pismos), which is short for peeled, silverskin, and side muscle left on. The PSMO is vacuum sealed in plastic, and can be safely refrigerated longer than many other cuts of meat. Whole tenderloins are often sold as PSMOs (pismos), which is short for peeled, silverskin, and side muscle left on. The PSMO is vacuum sealed in plastic, and can be safely refrigerated longer than many other cuts of meat.

4. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Baker2828
    No need ot apologize, I think we all just love talking about food !!!

Not sure if you have seen the categories or not, so here is a link - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forums/index.php There are 2 different beef categories there.

5. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

That helps, should I cancel this one and move it over? You would think somebody who works with computers for a living would know how to navigate this, but honestly it takes a little working with.[​IMG]

6. mossymo

Baker2828
    I do not think you can cancel or move it. But you could PM a moderator or Jeff, the web site owner and ask them to move it for you if you like.

7. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

Guess I will just tuck my tail and hide for a bit.[​IMG]

8. mossymo

Heck, don't worry about it; get out here and mingle with the rest of us !!!

9. allen

allen Smoking Fanatic

Hey baker2828, There are people in SMF who will answer your question and step by step of the way if u have r in a situation, read, and take notes, excellent people and advice.

10. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

don't move this.......lets talk............i have seen it done here before........

beef tenderloin.........send it to me.........i will do my thing.......eat it.......and get back to you on how good it was.......[​IMG]

i have smoked beef tenderloin with no problems.........just cook it to a temp; bout 5-10 degrees(depending on outside temps) short of where you want it done too.......tent it...........then enjoy

d88de

11. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

Yeh, medium is perfect........sorry about the Roll Call post used this as a tutorial as how to load an image.

Thanks everyone sorry for taking away from the smoke.

12. walking dude

you did good.........you did good

d88de

13. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

Cast Iron skillet on high, for 8 minutes two on each side then 400degree over for 10 flip once. Not to bad for not being able to smoke tonight, but this weekend thanks to this post I know how to send some kick arse pics

14. walking dude

yes they was.......LARGE.......but great

d88de

15. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

16. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

LARGE pic of tenderloin was awesome, can't hardly see small pic's of dog's!
    Sorry but gotta raz the noob's!![​IMG]

17. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower

By all means please do, as freshman in college the only way I learned anything was from the senior members on my baseball team. Trying to use this mistake of posting in the wrong section as a learning experience. Still don't have it quite figured out.
    [​IMG]

18. walking dude

love the shot of the morels...........Natures BEST fungi

d88de

19. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's allright, ya think one of these new mod's would have taken care of that by now!![​IMG][​IMG]

20. baker2828

baker2828 Smoke Blower