How has your weather been??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Folks,

I'm curious as to how the weather in your neck of the woods has been this past few days as compared to "normal"?

Here it is not unusual to have a bit snow even in May. However, the past week has almost been a return to winter. I'm sure Monty can comment on that. It has snowed a bit on each of the past five days, and although the accumulation is not really significant, it sure is demoralizing.

Here are two pics of my back yard. The snow was mostly gone last Sunday!

Outdoor fireplace

fireplace040807cw1.jpg

Picnic Table

picnictable040807ej7.jpg

I'd love to hear that some of you have been enjoying beautiful, warm spring like conditions.

Please post pics if you can.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Not here in Denver. Been snowing/raining since Thurs. It finally stopped about 2 hours ago and now the sun is shining. It might be over now.

Minimal accumulation here ... but not welcome at all !
Forecast is for a gradual warming this week, but still below normal ....
What is this thing called 'global warming'?

My backyard yesterday

We have been in the deep freeze here in Illinois also.
All of the early flowers, apple and cherry blooms and flowering shrubs are in a shambles

How did your ham turn out meowey?....one of mine was a spiral cut and it turned out dry and seemed briney...the other one was very good although the kickory chips seemed to cover up any remnants of the captain morgans rum....both were beautiful to look at...but won't buy another spiral cut and pay the premium price for it!

Maybe a ham does not take well to a rum spray it has a stronger taste than ribs or buts to start with.

Been cold some flurries. here in WV if ya dont like the weather hang out 5 mins it will change.

My ham turned out well. It finished early, so I sliced it and put it in a foil covered aluminum pan to keep warm. I put some of the apple juice/rum mix in the pan. I think that added to the flavor along with the smoke.

The family enjoyed the ham very much.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

5 days ago it was in the 80's. Low yesterday was 17. Few flurries in the morning. 25 mph wind out of the north. Sucks! Cuts into my fishing. Back to the 50's tomorrow and gradual warming trend. Hope the freakin wind drops off.
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif

no major amount of snow here... but it is freeking cold out... where was this weather at the start of the year for us ice-fishermen??

warm and a bit windy here , quite cool at night if the wind blows from the south east been making hay like crazy lots of people wanting it cant make enough at the moment because of the drought and the fact that winter is just around the corner any fodder is in big demand .
7ba7ab5f_vbattach12233.jpg

978933e8_vbattach12232.jpg

Cold here. Today's high is suppose to be 36* degrees with flurries. They are calling for a gradual warm up by the weekend.

On a side note the power was out all night long and just came back on. The temp in the house got down to 56*....Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nightime lows here have been getting close to freezing. I know that is not cold compared to you guys, but we have peaches on the trees and corn up about a foot tall. Not good if we get a freeze
frown.gif

We were up to 60 last Monday then it dropped to the 30's again on Tueday. Got lucky and missed the snow storm. Nights have been low teens to 20's and days in the 30's.

Today we're havinga heat wave! It's up to 42! I believe the weather man said we were 20 degrres low for what's normal in CT this time of year - but what's normal? This is New England!

Seems I read somewhere the south got hit pretty hard this week - go figure?

Last Monday we were in the 70's! We've had snow showers all weekend, no accumulation though. Lows in the 20's, highs in the 30's. 50's by the end of the week though. Weekend weather didn't make for a fun night of camping out and then trout fishing! Well for the boys anyway. The girls were smart enough to stay home!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Cold here in Atlanta... It got up to maybe 50 today.... It was a low of 24 the other night. It's pretty crazy. It IS April.... should be 70's here.

It was colder the other day here than it was on Christmas.

Took forever for winter to come ....now spring is supposed to be here but.......winter seems to keep on goin ......snow ....flurries,,,,hail ......ice pellets ......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn when is it gonna end ?? enough is enough ...wha ,wha ,wha ,....lol
icon_cry.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky