How does this sound?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinmike

Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Laurel,DE
Tomorrow I'm going to smoke some babybacks with jeffs rub with one modification and make a Spicy Applebutter Rum Sauce. Now the recipe will be a work in progress but I have made one I am going to try. I will let you know tomorrow night how things turn out and I will take some pics. Has anybody tried a sauce like this?

I make my own sauce and I can tell you that after you put it together it will taste a bit different after it has sat in the fridge or on the counter for a day or so. Not sure of the ingredients in yours, but time will make the flavors "age" or come together so to speak. If there's apple juice in yours, I would put it in the fridge.

Not as a sauce but I've used Applebutter thinned out a little as an injection. It was interesting but not sure I would make it a habit. I like the idea of using it in a sauce though....let us know how it turns out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky