How does this ABT sound?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bkbuilds

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 15, 2014
I'm trying to come up with my menu for this weekend and I want a quick prep time app for everyone. I was thinking about the following...

Jalapenos / sweet peppers cut canoe style
French onion dip filling
Smokey
Shredded cheese
Bacon

or

Jalapenos / sweet peppers cut canoe style
Mexican flavor chip dip filling
Smokey
Shredded cheese
Bacon

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Both...but if you want quick prep time...don't do ABTs...they do take some time and care...but well worth it.
biggrin.gif

You can make them (prep) ahead of time...I've done it...turned out great.

Last edited:
My ABT/SBTs were a huge hit. Cut them boat style, cleaned them out and put in zip lock baggies until just before smoke time. Filled some with French onion dip, some with Jalapeno and Cheddar dip, sprinkled on some cheddar cheese and wrapped them all in Bacon. Smoke for 2 hours on Hickory and Apple smoke. I made nearly 30 of them and I got exactly 0, zilch, nill, nadda... they were gone in a matter of minutes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky