How do you put the thermometer in the smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poindexter

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
Concord, CA
I have a UDS with a webber lid and I have gone through about five thermometer probes. The silicone always gets clipped by the lid if I put it between the smoker and the lid. Or I've put it through the vent in the webber lid and even then it seems to get too hot maybe? I keep around 250 F so idk why it happens. Also I have three Taylor 1470N controllers with no probes but when I put my probe that is working on another controller in it it reads 65 even though it's in 127 degree water... Are the controllers broken or can I salvage them? I've tried resetting them and using other probes. Nothing works, wist toss them and get new controller is my next step. Thanks y'all.

I use the same one....Maverick.  Use the inside probe attached to the racks inside....and the door closes on it...no problems with mine.

Kat

I just drilled 2 small holes just big enough for the probes to fit through and slide them in, been doing this for almost 2 years and never lost a probe!

I just drilled 2 small holes just big enough for the probes to fit through and slide them in, been doing this for almost 2 years and never lost a probe!
yeahthat.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky