How do you keep thermometer dry?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
Here I find myself smoking today and I have two thermo's sitting out there getting wet...has anyone run across this?

Rains often here........plastic ziplock type bag does the trick. Zip it down to just allow the wires to poke out then prop it up a little so the openside is down and water can't run in.

Here ya' go:

rain.jpg

... plus you could wrap the unit in plastic wrap. That way it stays dry and you can still see it and use the controls.

my problem is I have a vertical, the taylor's are magnetic, so they stick to the side. the maverick sits on top, both of which are in direct contact with the hot metal, I'm thinking the plastic would melt. I think we need someone to design a thermo hotel!!! Keep em' nice and dry.
rolleyes.gif

a cleaned out spam can............with just a window cut out for the display to show..........sit over the unit........

or a magnet hook.......wrap the unit in plastic.......shirley the space between the hook and the unit would be enuff space so the plastic doesn't melt?

just throwing ideas out

Perhaps you can find something that is 3 sided like the cover to the control box on a submersible water well pump. Screw that to your cooker and then stick the thermometers in the shed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky