How do you clean your MES smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deltadude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 3, 2008
Sacramento Area
Ok basic newbie question:
How do you clean your MES?

First the inside, the manual says no soap or cleaner, what do you do and use to clean the inside?

What if the inside is really bad what do you do?

2nd the outside, especially stainless models, what do you use and do?

I don't know about your fancy electric models but what I do is load mine up in the back of the pickup and go to one of those DIY car washes with a high power sprayer. Cleans them up nice and quick.

-rob

I haven't done anything except wash the racks.

Outside I found the best thing is from Sam's Club, Sprayway, stainless cleaner and polish, works great!!

I have the non-stainless model, so I don't worry about the outside. Nor do I really worry about the inside. I wash the racks in the dishwasher after each use, and scrub the waterpan with soap and water, but the inside itself I've never touched. I have used a wet rag to wipe off the temperature sensor every so often but that's it. The rest is just seasoning.

Shoot, my lil' chief is probably 20 years old and I don't think it's been cleaned since day one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky