How do these mixer/sausage stuffer look for the price?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have basically the same equipment from LEM though, they have not let me down.
A lot of folks don't like the clean up on the mixer but I think if you doing any more than 20 #'s it's well worth it.
Metal gear on the stuffer is a must.

I would save the money on the mixer. I have one of those and rarely use it. It can be a pain to clean as ground meat seems to get caught on all the sharp edge corners. I have found it is so much easier to just put on a pair of disposable gloves and mix it by hand in 5 pound batches. I also think I get a better mix more quickly by hand. The crank mixer will work, but it seems to take longer and like I said can be a pain to clean.

I think the stuff is a good deal, I bought the cabelas one the same size on sale and still spent $10 more.

On the mixer, I read a lot of review about them be awful to clean and some said they didn't think they mixed good enough, but I can't qualify that one. I went with this as my mixer and I did 20# hotdogs yesterday and worked it over and will be mixing the spices and ice in tomorrow morning. I maybe could do 25# and 30 would probably start over flowing.

I would consider some plastic gloves with jersey gloves underneath for insulation until you find what you like.

You will like the stuffer... Grease the o-ring and walls of the meat can with lard or crisco for easier stuffing...
The mixer works well once you figure out how full to fill it... If 10#'s is the right amount, you will prefer doing 30#'s+ of sausage in 3 or more -10# batches so you only have to clean it once... Cleaning is a PITA and messy...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky