How do I add Moisture

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickelmore

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Lockport IL
Is there a way to add moisture back to over smoked snack sticks?

I did some a few weeks ago that are OK, but they are just a little too dry.

Any suggestions would be great. I am not sure if leaving them in the refrigerator open dried them out our I over cooked them.. Probably combination of both.

Thanks

First of all I would try one or two very breifly in the microwave, if that failed i would then steam them a bit. In either case you would probably have to eat them right away. Or incorporate them into soupd and stews or whatever you like. Piker

If you left them open in the refridgerator that most definately will dry them out....
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

And add a slice of apple, if this by itself doesn't help. I have briefly dropped sausages into boiling water to plump them up too. Some recipes are supposed to be quite dry. If you follow Ryteks recipe to the letter they will be like round jerky.

I've had some luck with the above method, but I also added some water to the bag and let it set for a week or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky