How about another new guy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aintrite

Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Folsom, Ca.
Hi my name is Will. I live right outside Sacramento California, in a little town called Folsom.

I was looking for some info on this smaker I got from my parents and eneded up here. I like the site so much I joined up and posted.LOL Anyway I'm completely new to smoking. as in I'm just trying to find out how to set my smoker up and so on. I bbq at least 5 times a week so I'm an avid griller but this is new and challenging to me so I figured I would start working on this type of cooking. Now off to figure out how to setup and what I will need for my smoker.

Stupid me I have a Brinkman Gourmet Electric Smoker. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I'd apperciate it.

Welcome Will, from another newbie-(myself).
be sure to sign up for the FREE 5 day course on smoking-it's a lot of info and well recommended. If you have any questions, 'i'm sure someone here will guide you in the right direction. I'm still in the question stage myself, but lots of nice people here, and tons of information!
welcome-and smoke on!
Bob

Welcome to the SMF. Plenty of Brinkman owners here, you'll have good advise real soon. Be sure and sign up for Jeff's 5-day Ecoarse, and also check out the How To Articules located on the left side of your screen.

Welcome Will. It won't be long till someone will direct you with that smoker. I was totally new and it only takes a few days and you will have more information from this forum than you could find anywhere else.
Good luck

Will welcome to SMF you will find lots of info here. There are also some great recipes here. I'd suggest signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it contains some great info and its free. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome Will........you found the best site out there on the net.........BIG Family here, and they will treat you as a member OF that family..........

Make sure you sign up for Jeff's free 5-day ecourse, and don't forget the Q-view.............some here say, no Q-view, it didn't happen..............

check out some of the stickies............they will show you how to post the q-view, if you need help...........how to do a search for a topic, or to answer a question, that may of been answered many times before.........

BUTT! At the same time, the only stupid question, is the one NOT asked.....

Once again, welcome........

d88de

I've learned more in the 10 minutes of reading that the whole hour of looking for something on the web. i love this site already.

Just so you know I have used the search function.LOL

*edit* and just signed up for the 5 day course.

You know you've reached the point of no return when you find yourself at the store admiring the meat just to see what you should smoke next. I know when I go to the store anymore my husband calls at least once to find out what's taking so long. Especially if I just went for milk. The site is amazing and truly a wonderful group of people here. Full of info and always willing to help out!

Me and my parents raise a few cows and pigs a year to be eaten so I really only go to the store for non beef and pork. I'm sure I'll be that way though also. I have tried some very strange things on the bbq. My wife just looks at me some times and rolls here eyes. and says "Your really not going to do that are you?"

I hear the train a'comin'... ;{) Welcome to SMF! Lots of help here, and sometimes I DO BBQ in black. Sometimes nude...but... <Thanks Crewdawg>

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky