• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Houndogs HATE bbq

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
NOT! My goodness, my two beagles are passed out, stoned, crosseyed and full bellies. They can't walk straight. I gave them one each a nice beef rib (no other bones, they splinter and can kill your dog!) from my Masterbuilt break-in and I've never heard their barking like this before. Charlotte's "wee-youuuu" went into a whole other hearing range that only dogs can hear. They came back upstairs with greasy chins, wagging tails, burping and useless. They'll be asleep for hours. These were VERY smokey ribs and they went into orbit!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I seem to attract all the cats in the neighborhood everytime I smoke. Dog can't run free.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
usually when i smoke all i attract is the local police(i can throw a rock at the local police/fire station)....lol

they come by the back where i am smoking everytime i fire up the smoker... if they stopped and talked to me i would give them a taste..lol

i think they just love the smell because they know who i am by now and never say anything to me

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
I have a little Rat Terrier in my neighborhood that show up at my house when I light up my charcoal chimney and he hangs out with me until the Que is done and he gets his share. He guards the smokers and won't let anyone but me near it.
I call him BubbaQue

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
There's a local fish joint here (BO's) that sells Bubbaque. It's a big name thing here.

short one

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2007
The wife says our Rat Terrier has withdrawals when I don't smoke regularly. I think it's a nice way for her to get me to cook something. Think.

camocook

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 21, 2007
I live in a row home in Phila.been smokin about 5 weeks.I started my first smoke early sunday morning. About 8AM. or so the door bell rings and a lady looking like a YOUNG late sixties or early seventies is at the door and asks me if I have anything burning in the yard.I explain my endeavor and thank her for being the nice and concerned neighbor that she is.Can't wait untill the weather gets warmer and the neighbors have their windows open when I'm do'in an all nighter.

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Always appropriate to bring the neighbors a little taste. Next time they'll know. Throw a fatty on for them, it's cheap and they'll love you for it!

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Here is a picture of the official Bubbaque

and another shot

He is a sweet little guy. Just loves anything smoked.
Sorry about the dirty carport

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Umm Rodger, I hope he ain't the critter that's responsible for that "wet" spot by the car's front tire!!

linescum

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2006
here's where my mutt lays when i got the ECB fired up don't know if she's guarding or hoping i drop something
faff5b7e_vbattach12500.jpg

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Looks like we might have to get a "Pet" picture gallery going!!

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
LOL, no that picture was taken during the big thunderstorm's that came through Thursday. I thought he would stay home cause of the rain, but as soon as I lit my charcoal he headed right over and stayed til dinner was ready.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.