Hormel St. Lous style ribs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by rubmymeat, May 17, 2009.

1. rubmymeat

rubmymeat Fire Starter

Hormel St. Louis Style ribs are on sale at Super Target for $1.49 a pound(they usually are $2.99). I am thinking about loading up the deep freeze as this is a great price, however I have never bought this brand. I usually buy fresh cut spareribs at a local store and cut them myself. Anyone used Hormel before? Any comments would be appreciated.

2. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I haven't but thats a good price. I would stock up.

3. reichl

reichl Meat Mopper

I smoked some hormel ribs yesterday. They are good. Mine were loin back ribs that were on sale at hyvee... If I were you I would stock up, they come in cryo bags so they freeze well.

4. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

They are Enhanced, not my favorite. We get Fresh spares for 1.39# at sams, and you can use the trim for lots of things.

5. rubmymeat

rubmymeat Fire Starter

The package says they are enhanced with up to 15% of a patented solution. They have also been previously frozen. I won't use these for my bbq competitions but maybe to vend with. I bought 2 to try out this week and if they are good enough I will buy a case of them for vending. I will post my results with Qview tomorrow, schedule permitting.