Horizontal Stuffer?

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by scarbelly, Jun 14, 2010.

1. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Been waiting on a 5# LEM for a bit now and the info just came back that they are still on back order - I saw an Italian horizontal that looks real good but I have not seen any comments on horizontal stuffers - Anyone have any experience with one

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I have wondered about them too but all I have ever used is the verticals

3. retread

retread Meat Mopper

I would like to know if the horizontal stuffers have reversible handles so you an work from either side.  Does anybody know?

4. scarbelly

Couldn't you just turn it around so you could use it with either hand? I think they are a screw drive and reversing would back out the plunger. 

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I have seen them but I have a vertical stuffer. Now they look like they would work just fine but I haven't ever used one.

6. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It looks like a nice unit, even handles a 1 1/2" tube.

I wonder how you remove the cylinder? It say's they're easy to remove but it looks like it's bolted on.

7. scarbelly

I got great news today when I got home - My LEM has shipped and it is scheduled to be delivered on the 17th - YAHOO!