Horizon Ranger

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by rattlin_ram, Sep 19, 2007.

1. rattlin_ram

rattlin_ram Fire Starter

First post here on the forums, been using 2 ECB's now for about a year and just looking to upgrade, or build myself a homebuilt.

Saw this and wondered if anyone else has seen or used one?
    http://horizonbbqsmokers.com/prodpages/1.html

2. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice smoker with a very big tag[​IMG] have you used an offset before? Char Griller w/sfb goes about 160 bucks, maybe a better starting point, good luck in your decision and Welcome to the SMF!! [​IMG]

3. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Yeppers I saw it - loved it found the price and ran like the dickens! [​IMG]

4. rattlin_ram

rattlin_ram Fire Starter

Well was actually less concerned about the price and more concerned about the function.... For a design to build... I have an uncle in the well business and he has tons of pressure thanks around his place of all sizes.... So was thinking of using 3 of those and building a similar unit.... Was just curioius how the design worked...

5. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad tyo see you as one of us on the SMF. Take your time about selection, it's worth the wait.

6. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

If yo can build it for free that's even better. Coleys got some posts in a thread called building an Italian smoker or something like that you can get some ideas from.