Hoosier Scrap smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dantra

Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
Planning to build a standard smoker (not RF) out of materials that we have laying around where I work... lotsa misc machinery crap out in our "bone yard". So far I've scored a 120 gallon air tank, misc steel parts etc. The goal here is to have a it done in a few weeks for a car club get together and have zero dollars inversted! Altho, I may have to spend a few bucks here and there for a thermometer or something...

I'll try to find the correct area to start a build thread and get some pointers from the pros. I was originally just going to put it together modeling on a factory built smoker we have at our facility but once again, my OCD has stepped in and won't allow that to happen.

Actually, I have a quick question...

What are the advantages and disadvatages to s traight through smoker and a reverse flow?

At this point, I can go about either way but my original intention was just a side burner for smoking on occasion and charcoal on most other occasions. My tank is a 24" diameter and was originally almost 6' long. I cut a 20" section off for the fire box leaving about 4' of grill.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a bright sunny and warm day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky