Homemade V8 Juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Hell, Michigan
24(1 peck) fresh tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded, and crushed

6 carrots diced

6 stalks celery diced

1 large onion diced

1/2 head cabbage shredded

1/2 head lettuce shredded

1 bunch parsley chopped

6 clove garlic crushed

3 jap peppers chopped

3 tbsp horse radish grated

3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients into a large stock pot and simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally. Puree mixture using a blender or food processor until you achieve a smooth consistency. Return mixture to stock pot and add water to if needed to get a "juice" consistency and simmer for another 1/2 hour. Ladle into qt sized canning jars (approx 6) with lids and bands and process.

fa0ad4aa_IMG_0009-10.jpg

This is a very tasty product and can be used as a bloody Mary base or spaghetti sauce base or just have some with your breakfast.

Reactions: splat
cool.gif

Now that sounds really delicious to me. How thick was it before you added the last bit of water??? Was it sauce thick maybe?? But it does sound like a really good drink thou. Now I also like to say the japs and the horse radish should add a much needed heat to. I like mine on the spicey side too.

Last edited:
Reactions: evas
Thanks. I copied that down. I've been wanting to try my hand a canning and I love V8 juice. My winter cooking list is getting longer. Nothing like a stock pot full of good smelling stuff in the winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky