homemade stuffer tube for 19mm casings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yount

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
North East,P.A
was asked to post this on another thread but figured id start a new thread so others may see it.I recently got some casings from cabelas that are 19mm smaller then my smallest tube so off to the hardware store i went first stop lowes i got a 5ft section of 3/8 pex then off to ace hardware for some 1-1/2" nylon washers with small hole cut my section of pex off smoothed the edge then flared it drilled the nylon washer out so it tightly fit the pex and slid it as tight as i could to the flare and done pex tube 1.78 washers .50 picked up 3 so with gas under 7 bucks for 3 tubes gave one to a buddy and i have a spare have enough tube to make a few more here is some pics of finished tube.Hope it helps someone i wanted to use the casings that day couldnt wait to order a new tube.lol and the pressure pushing against the flare when packing pushes it tighter on to the washer for a tight seal

points.gif
for ingenuity. Have you had a chance to try it out yet? What kind of stuffer do you have? Would you be interested in making me one for my 5# grizzly?

What is pex?

Judging form the nut, I'd say it's either a Chop-Rite or Enterprise (same thing) stuffer. What a great idea! How did you flare the PEX? I only have one old bent aluminum tube for my Chop-Rite, and the want too much for the new ones. On the plastic ones I bought, the plastic flange is too thick and the nut doesn't have enough purchase to stay on...

sweet idea there-I bet a lil heat with a tapered rod will flare it.

Awesome Idea!
points.gif

LEM claims that they will not be getting any more 3/8" stuffer tubes cuz it's too tough on the gears.

Who knows what excuse they will have next week?!?!?

TJ

Now thats a great idea there Yount. Have have to make me one for sure cause I was looking for some new ones for my stuffer. You would think if you sold the stuffer and grinder you should carry parts for them. Or am I stuoid to think that??? I must be cause Gander doesn't have a clue of where to get differant plates for "their" grinder and tubes for "their" stuffer either. But I did notice that they carried differant plates for grinders that they don't even sell too.

I made 1 of these last weekend for mine-5' of pex was $5-washer was $1-will be trying it out soon on sticks-now what to do with the other 4.5 ft. of flex-pex? great idea Yount and thanks.

Your welcome i made a few extras.lol and gave my buddy 1 also dont know what to do with the rest lol

Thanks. I have never used a flare tool but I can sure afford that price and learn easy enough. Thanks for the info. My brother and I just made a bunch of sticks this fall and we could only get about 1/4 of the casings on the end at a time because of the thickness of our tube. We both agreed we wish we had a smaller one so we could put the whole casing on at once and not have to fill 15 or so feet at a time. Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky