Homemade Offset Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 27, 2005
Uvalde, TX
Here is a smoker that I built for my son for Christmas in 2003. I sent it to college with him.
2d0aaa13_vbattach15522.jpg

Nice smoker there, did you get a chance to break it in before sending it off?

That's a nice smoker goat.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'll bet your son is a real popular guy!
smile.gif
I do not remember any of my college mates even knowing how to cook.

I have never painted a pit except with smoke. We did christen it prior to him taking it to college. I built myself one after that where is where a lot of my q view originates. I did have to modify that pit with some better tires.
Cowgirl, I thought if I furnished the bbq pit, perhaps some others could furnish the meat. I do not know where I came up with that crazy idea.

Man that looks like one heavy duty smoker Goat! Bet they never staved at that school and the boy was probably the most popular kid at school!

RIP the firebox is 1/4 inch pipe as is the rest of the pit. The firebox has a grill in it for hamburgers, steaks, etc.
moltenone, I just went to school when my brother was sick.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky