• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Homemade nut milk?

JimGarner

Joined Oct 27, 2021
Hi all! As far as I know, nut milk contains a lot more nutrients than dairy milk. Hence, I want to make nut milk at home for the first time. But first, of course I have to ask you guys some tips/insights/hacks that I should notice before actually giving it a shot. It’d be nicer if you can share with me the successful recipe you have made.

BigW.

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 13, 2019
I had to do a google search to see if it was possible...it is. Learned there is something called a nut milk bag that is required. Interesting but I think I'll stick with smoked nuts and cow milk.

tallbm

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
Hi all! As far as I know, nut milk contains a lot more nutrients than dairy milk. Hence, I want to make nut milk at home for the first time. But first, of course I have to ask you guys some tips/insights/hacks that I should notice before actually giving it a shot. It’d be nicer if you can share with me the successful recipe you have made.
Hi there and welcome!

I don't have any real help for you but it all comes down to the correct kind of tool to grind/milk the nut. That's my understanding.

Now if you want to make nut butters I can help you with that as I use wet grinders/melangers so can give some more info. I don't make nut butters though but the machines are simple.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Pretty simple process overall. Soak nuts. Blend, strain. Can add flavors or sweeteners if you like. I’ve never done it I just buy the unsweetened ones but may try sometime. I greatly prefer cashew milk to almond milk, much more of a while milk creamy texture. Here’s one of many examples. https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-almond-milk/

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.