Home made Apple Pie FoamHeart style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Had to try making a pie with home made dough,I always used the store bought one. Kevin was kind enough to share some of his many skills,and posted the recipe and how to do.

No pics of the kitchen mess LOL

But here they are I made 2 

Use 9 Honey crisp that had a lot of spots so they are not full

Thanks for looking,I have to take another pic of the cut pie

Richie

Foam Thank You again http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/235484/first-of-fall-fresh-apple-pie-foamheart

Hey they look pretty but are they good?   LOL

I think I should get a slice .... you got any ice cream?

I see the whole in the middle, did you mother use a pie "Black bird"? Those pie vents are pretty cool and highly collectible.

I don't know I mentioned this, I cheat........ you can stick a fork tine or a toothpick thru a vent slit and check the apple slices for firmness, but I bet you knew that.

Hey they look pretty but are they good?   LOL

I think I should get a slice .... you got any ice cream?

I see the whole in the middle, did you mother use a pie "Black bird"? Those pie vents are pretty cool and highly collectible.

I don't know I mentioned this, I cheat........ you can stick a fork tine or a toothpick thru a vent slit and check the apple slices for firmness, but I bet you knew that.
I gave the second pie to my neighbor she said it was the best they ever had,Yes I did use a SS pin to check the Apples.

Have a slice Wish I had time to make that caramel sauce

Kevin Thanks again

Richie

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ

I gave the second pie to my neighbor she said it was the best they ever had,Yes I did use a SS pin to check the Apples.

Kevin Thanks again

Richie
Looks delicious, and the sauce.... it literally only takes minutes.

If you use a dryer apple than a honey crisp you'll not see so much juice. I know folks who mix the types of apples for different  apple taste and textures. Me, I currently like those honey crisp.

And you were worried.... now you can make meat pies, and  other fruits. it also makes good fried pies to take fishing .....

Dang it Tropics that looks great!!! Big piece of that for my breakfast would have been great as I sit here with a lonely cup of coffee LOL 

Great job 

DS

Dang it Tropics that looks great!!! Big piece of that for my breakfast would have been great as I sit here with a lonely cup of coffee LOL 

Great job 

DS
Ya know, I am sitting here with just a cup of coffee for lunch and I had not thought of anything else till you just had to bring it up....... Doh!

<Chuckles>

A piece a pie would be awesome!

Ya know, I am sitting here with just a cup of coffee for lunch and I had not thought of anything else till you just had to bring it up....... Doh!

<Chuckles>

A piece a pie would be awesome!
Coffee at noon
44.gif
!!!! on the start of a weekend!!! you should have a cold in your hand and something in the smoker by now -
hit.gif
 LOL 

cheers.gif

Kevin Thanks again
Richie

Looks delicious, and the sauce.... it literally only takes minutes.

If you use a dryer apple than a honey crisp you'll not see so much juice. I know folks who mix the types of apples for different  apple taste and textures. Me, I currently like those honey crisp.

And you were worried.... now you can make meat pies, and  other fruits. it also makes good fried pies to take fishing .....

Here's another trick to thicken the juices in a pie........

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/instant-clearjel-8-oz Dave

Here's another trick to thicken the juices in a pie........

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/instant-clearjel-8-oz Dave
Hey Dave,

That is some interesting looking stuff.  I could have used it last weekend for a Cherry cobbler I made from cherries I had frozen this past spring.

First experience freezing cherries.  Won't try again as it seems to break them down and they turn to liquid.  (Not entirely of coarse, but made the cobbler too wet).

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky