HOLY CRAP! I'm in a cult now!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soafung

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 9, 2009
Amarillo, TX
well..more of a very dedicated advocacy group.  i ordered a 22.5" WSM as a late birthday present for myself.  the wife will not be happy, but with as easy as they are suppose to be to run, maybe she can use it and i'll use the offset for "spouse time".  smoking together is spending time together.  it should be here on june 9th.

welcome to the club!  Looking forward to pix of the build and the first q-view.  all will be forgiven after the first smoke!

well..more of a very dedicated advocacy group.  i ordered a 22.5" WSM as a late birthday present for myself.  the wife will not be happy, but with as easy as they are suppose to be to run, maybe she can use it and i'll use the offset for "spouse time".  smoking together is spending time together.  it should be here on june 9th.
Welcome to the club,, It seems as if the wsm's have been getting a lot of love lately.With good reason too.. You will love it''s ease of operation... Happy smokes
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the cult... please sign on the dotted line with BBQ sauce, free KoolAid will be passed out on 12-12-2012.
biggrin.gif

You will love using the WSM... the fights might be over who gets to use the WSM... you or the wife! LOL

well...weber dropped the ball...at least that's what lowe's is saying.  my 22.5" WSM was suppose to be delivered tomorrow, but after noi one had called me to confirm delivery, i got worked up.  called the lowe's that was suppose to be doing the delivery and was preparing to rip into the 16 year old delivery kid, but i got a manager.  he checked on my ordre status and said weber hasn't "released" it yet (meaning weber never shipped it to lowe's).  he could on;y guess it was because of the memorial day weekend...wasn't that 2 weeks ago?  i guess i'll try and enjoy quein' on the NB with out my kool-aid and track suit for alittle longer.  damn this special order crap.  another reason i like to actually leave the store with product in hand.

Damn... that sucks.

I got lucky and found a guy at a wine store of all places, who is part of the Pacific NW BBQ Associaton, and he talked his manager into letting him sell the WSM's out of the store. His standard price is $25 less than full retaial ($275 & $375), he keeps one of each size in stock, and if he doesn't have one he can drive across town and get  one within a day or two.

Be careful when joining cults.  You could end up on the terrorist watch list along with the veterans, the patriots, and the grey headed grandmothers.

The last time I bought my Weber grill I had to wait almost 2 months extra before I finally got it.  I am starting to see a pattern here.

well...weber dropped the ball...at least that's what lowe's is saying.  my 22.5" WSM was suppose to be delivered tomorrow, but after noi one had called me to confirm delivery, i got worked up.  called the lowe's that was suppose to be doing the delivery and was preparing to rip into the 16 year old delivery kid, but i got a manager.  he checked on my ordre status and said weber hasn't "released" it yet (meaning weber never shipped it to lowe's).  he could on;y guess it was because of the memorial day weekend...wasn't that 2 weeks ago?  i guess i'll try and enjoy quein' on the NB with out my kool-aid and track suit for alittle longer.  damn this special order crap.  another reason i like to actually leave the store with product in hand.

Hope you get your new smoker soon.  I know how much anticipation I had just driving across town to pick mine up.  Waiting for it to be shipped must be hard!

As others have said, you will love your WSM.  It makes smoking so darn simple it's almost not right!  And the food tastes incredibly good. A pleasure to use.

Welcome to the cult/club.  Your dues will be due soon -- some tasty Qview to share!

waiting is the worst part, thats why I dont buy stuff on the internet.

If I want something I want it now, not wait to have it shipped. 

Either way welcome to the WSM gang,  they get alot of love for a reason, they are the best there is.

Ive got my 18.5" & now a 22.5" on my deck right now.(the 22.5" is a loaner for a while from a buddy who has like 6 WSM's).

13051932_jij066.jpg

i found out what happened.  i ordered from lowes.com on 5-26-10.  lowe's semt the order to weber the same day.  on 5-27-10, weber confirmed the order with lowe's.  then, on 6-4-10 weber sent low's an update saying, "Order is staged for shipment.", meaning it was being sent to lowe's distribution center that day.  well...come to find out, weber sent the smoker to a home depot distribution center.  HD had an order for a WSM and would not release the WSM back to weber (seeing how it was already sold and the quick delivery would look good on them).  weber is having another plant manufacture MY WSM (supposedly, they rotate weeks on what the product every week) and are expediting my order.  as far as lowe's and i can gather from weber, i'm looking at 7 - 14 more days.  this cooker better be worth it, because weber has shown me that they should not be "special ordred" from.  if i get another weber product, it will be something a store has in stock.

Holy crap, I never realized how much bigger the 22.5" is from the 18".... time to buy another smoker.... :D

waiting is the worst part, thats why I dont buy stuff on the internet.

If I want something I want it now, not wait to have it shipped. 

Either way welcome to the WSM gang,  they get alot of love for a reason, they are the best there is.

Ive got my 18.5" & now a 22.5" on my deck right now.(the 22.5" is a loaner for a while from a buddy who has like 6 WSM's).

13051932_jij066.jpg

Holy crap, I never realized how much bigger the 22.5" is from the 18".... time to buy another smoker.... :D

LOL... yeah you can put the 18" inside of the 22". I am borrowing my brother-in-laws 18" this weekend to help with my overflow for my wife's graduation BBQ.  I got (4) 8 lb. pork butts in it, and my 22" has (1) 13 lb. brisket, and a giant pan of baked beans. I'll do a post tomorrow after everything is done......
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky