Hoisin Glazed Chicken Skewers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
She Who Must Be Obeyed walked into the living room and said she wanted brochettes. What could I do but obey.

I mixed up a glaze of:
  • 50 ml (1/4 cup) Hoisin sauce
  • 25 ml (2 tablespoons) soy sauce
  • 25 ml (2 tablespoons) chili sauce (may substitute all or part Asian chili sauce for spicier version)
  • 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon juice
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground ginger

I cut a little over a pound of boneless skinless chicken breast (you could use thighs if you prefer) into one inch cubes.

I tossed the cubes with Louisiana Grills Chicken Seasonings.

I threaded the chicken onto three bamboo skewers that had been soaked in water for 30 minutes.

I preheated my pellet smoker to 350 F.

I brushed the chicken with the glaze and put it on the grill for 15 minutes.

I turned and brushed the chicken again and gave it another 15 minutes.

I gave it another 15 minutes to take it to 45 minutes in the smoker. I gave it another brush of glaze and cooked for 5 more minutes. I made sure the internal temperature was over 165 F and took the skewers off.

I served it with Easy Grilled Vegetable Brochettes (my next post), Deli style coleslaw and rice.

The Verdict

I love hoisin with its deep rich sweet flavour. However, it can overpower chicken. I added the lemon juice to give it some brightness and the soy and chili to lighten the sweetness a bit. It turned out great. Best of all, SWMBO was happy.

Disco

Yummy!

Another great one Disco!

icon14.gif
  Al

Disco,

Another very tasty looking meal...and you pleased your Mrs, which is always a bonus! I like hoisin sauce myself...use it in a couple of Chinese stir fry recipes I make occasionally.  Your recipe looks and sounds very good...I'll be saving that to try myself!

Thanks for sharing this recipe...POINT!

Red

Yummy!

Another great one Disco!

icon14.gif
  Al
Thanks, Al!
Great looking meal Disco!

Points!
Thanks for the point Case.

Disco,

Another very tasty looking meal...and you pleased your Mrs, which is always a bonus! I like hoisin sauce myself...use it in a couple of Chinese stir fry recipes I make occasionally.  Your recipe looks and sounds very good...I'll be saving that to try myself!

Thanks for sharing this recipe...POINT!

Red
Thanks for the point, Red.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky