Hogs Gone Wild

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikey2gunz

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Williamsburg, IA
George, a friend and owner of my local hangout, has told me that one of the guys we play poker with is supplying him with an entire butchered pig. George said that he didn't have a clue how to prepare the damn thing! I told him I've a medium-sized smoker and that I'd be happy to help out..... He accepted my offer.

I'm gonna talk to Donny, the guy who's giving us the pig, to see exactly WHAT it is he's providing. Is there anything specific I should ask him or any kind of cuts I should request. Any suggestions or threads I can review would be helpful. This is such an awesome opportunity- I don't want to mess it up.

Mike

I'd start with the jowls and stop when I get to that curly thing!
icon_lol.gif

...seriously, shoulders, ribs, hocks, hams, bellies etc.

Well, I think I have an option, unless it's already butchered. I need to talk with the guy providing the meat. I've only smoked ribs as far as pork goes.....as soon as I hear more, I'll let you know & I'll read more "how-to's" on the site!

I'm actually looking forward to an all-nighter!

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky