High temp. silicone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benny8

Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Is High teperature silicone safe to seal holes inside the smoke chamber? If so what kind and where to find it? Thanks for any info.

The regular kitchen and bath caulk I use has a temp rating of around 600 deg. IIRC. If I exceed those temps I've got bigger concerns than my caulking. I use Dap or GE brand.

I would try to find one that specifically says "food grade". The standard bath/kitchen stuff might have some nasty off gasing as it heats. Probably not enough to harm you, but why take the chance.

That is where I found my high temp food grade stuff. I called every hardware store and they had no clue what I was talking about. I finally called a restaurant supply place and they didn't have it but they told me where they buy it in town. Some place I had never hear of before. They should either have some or know where to get some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky