High Temp Gasket sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
Is this stuff any good Rutland Hi-Temp Stove & Gasket Cement it will be used for this Pipe Burner Install (Read my post) This stuff is good to 2,000 degrees and the silicone is only good to 650 degrees.

I have heard of a gasket cement, (not sure if this is the same), not working with the Rutland Inc Gasket Kit Tape 7'X5/8" 95-6

So do you think this stuff will work on the firebox door and/or the tiles used as an insulator for the pipe burner insulator tiles?

or should I use the Permatex 81409 #26 High Temp. RTV Silicone Gasket Maker this is only good to 650 degrees

I don't know but all I got to say is if ACE carries this stuff I don't know why I don't already have some...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky