High country jerky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Joe xray xray hooked me up with a High Country Jerky kit.

20210219142022_IMG_0300.jpg

Because I showed an interest in the 3 pepper jerky. Which is very good. And I had the the original as well. Which was also good.
Last night I sliced up 4 pounds of eye round roast. And got it curing with the sweet and spicy blend.
And put it in the oven this morning on my jerky racks. About 7 hours later it was done.

IMG_0299.JPG

This is also quite good. A good blend of heat and sweet. And when you hit one of those pepper seed? That livens these up a touch.
Thanks again Joe!

I like how you cut the EOR into strips. Looks like high end jerky some butcher shops sell.

That's some tasty looking stuff Steve!! I'd be all over some of that being that I'm a jerky junkie. Nice job my friend.

Robert

Some might fine looking jerky Steve. I have used those in the past. All very good. I think the 3 pepper was my favorite.

Jerky looks great Steve!
Thanks John!

That's some tasty looking stuff Steve!! I'd be all over some of that being that I'm a jerky junkie. Nice job my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert!

Awesome looking jerky steve
Thanks Jake!

Some might fine looking jerky Steve. I have used those in the past. All very good. I think the 3 pepper was my favorite.
Thank you!

Great looking Jerky Steve!

Dave
THanks!

What's your method for drying jerky in the oven?

I place them on jerky racks. And set the oven on 175 degrees with the door propped open with a wooden spoon to allow the moisture to escape. I wish the convection setting would go that low.

Your jerky looks great Steve nice color too! You've inspired me to make some and I pulled an EOR out of the freezer last night. I just haven't decided which route I'm going to go yet with it.

Glad you enjoyed the flavors in that pack. I really liked the three pepper one, so I might have to buy the sweet and spicy blend next.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky