Hidey-ho everybody

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingabroad

Original poster
Jul 3, 2014
I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Tristan I am originally from West Virginia but currently living in Germany. Growing up I would help my dad smoke on a home-made off-set we had in the back yard, but for some reason I haven't smoked anything in years. Due to the many stories of people not being able to ship their grill/smoker back to the states, I decided to not go for a super nice smoker I opted for the cheap Char-broil vertical charcoal smoker from walmart. I have done my research and done most of the mods to make it work good; I got the grill-top wok, sand in the water tray, and a better thermometer. I have searched around locally for the felt seal but came up empty-handed so I will order some online. I've been reading on here for several weeks now but decided to make my presence known this morning. Tschüs!

Hello Tristan, and welcome from East Texas

Gary S

Welcome to the forum. Glad you got back into smoking. Show those guys some great west virginia bbq over there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky