Hickory Tree Down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinjake

Original poster
May 1, 2009
Georgia
Hey everyone it been raining all day here and we had a tree fall in our back yard. I usually use Hickory to smoke with and I'm 99% sure this was a hickory that fell. I found many differrent varieties of hickory online and was wondering which one was good for BBQ or if any of them will work.
If this is usable I will let it season till next year and have plenty of smokin wood.
Any help out there on these species.
icon_mrgreen.gif

As far as I know all variety's of hickory are good for smoking

Thanks thats what I figured but wasnt sure. I was beginning to think no one was going to respond, but if there are any more opinions please chime in.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

For the finest test results please truck hickory tree to:

bbally hickory testing labs,
Clifton, Colorado

A report on the quality of smoke produced by the tree will be forwarded along with pictures of the products the tree was used to smoke in the testing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky