Hi!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ruthandscott

Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Nestor Falls, Canada
Hi from Chilly NW Ontario!

Thanks for the great forum!

After too many batches of so-so and totally trashed batches of jerky and stix on my little Smoke Hollow smoker, I decided I needed to learn more... I've found this forum a few days ago and have enjoyed it thoroughly.

The first test batch of pepperoni sticks came out of the smoker last night, they turned out Really Good! I'd say perfect in fact! They are presently hanging at 34F. I used Nepas recipe and TennSmokers method. (Moose & Pork Butt, 70/30) 18(?) mm collagen casing. Both were straightforward & simple to use.  

I started using a Primo XL last summer for smoking & cooking anything from small to large cuts of pork, beef & poultry with a digiQ2. I love it! But it lives at our summer place, a small fishing & hunting Island resort where I cook for most of our Guests.

During the winters on the mainland I use the little box smoker and our propane grill. 

This new to me recipe & method will certainly be my "go-to" for a long time to come. Such a great end product! 

This forum will be my smoking go-to from now on!

Thanks!

Ruth

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forum Ruth!  

You ve come to the best place for great information on smoking and many other types of cooking! Many friendly people here that love to help. Also make the search button your best friend. There are over a million post in this forum. That powerful information on a vast array of subjects right at your fingertips.
Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky