Hi Ya'll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 11, 2008
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Well, I just found this forum and figure to have a good time here. Been smoking for about five years, and have worked a good number of the kinks out...but always more to learn, right?

Dutch...if you're out there I was reading some older threads and you mentioned having a great outdoors propane unit which is what I use. Did you ever have a problem keeping the temperature low enough in yours? It seems no matter what I do, the temp keeps climbing to 250 plus.

Any advice on remedies would be greatly appreciated.

Hoser (Dave)

Welcome Hoser, glad to have you aboard.
smile.gif

LOL Richtee....nope, the "Hoser" stands for "Hose Company Number 2" Woonsocket Rhode Island. The boys I did most of my cooking for.
BTW Richtee...where in Michigan? I was born and raised in Muskegon.

Welcome to the forum Dave, I have one of the older GOSM's so maintaining low temp's has never been a problem. I can set the control to "Low" and have temps around 200*. It's the newer models that have come out in the last couple of years that have had temp control issues.

Then in-line needle valve that has been mentioned is one option. Check the Propane sub-forum for additonal tips.

Hoser here is something to try. With you knob set at the high position rotate left to off. Watch the flame at the low position first then judge accordingly. Play with it a little bit and you should be able to lower your temp. I have done it a couple of times but I don't cook at or smoke anything that low very often. I did some fish for a guy and that was how I got my temp down.

welcome to smf........although I see ya been at it for some time.....ya can never know enough abought the smoke...it is an art,...a joy,......a craft,.....not somethin every one can do,.......specially sane people.....lol....welcome fellow addict
Ty

Welcome aboard Hoser! You're right about this being a fun forum. I have been away for a little while, but for the last severalmonths, this site has been my nightly entertainment!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky