Hi Y'all.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigrig

Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
I just signed up to the forum. It looks like a lot of useful information. I've been smoking for some years and by no means an expert. I'd consider myself rather experienced. My first question (i assume this has been asked many times before) is about smoking fish on my smoker. Will it leave a fish flavor forever? I'm kinda proud of my smoking rig and dont want to ruin it.

Thanks in advance.

PigRig

Welcome, glad ya joined us ! IMHO, smoking fish will not do that to your rig.... I've smoked fish several times with no problem ! Just my 2 cents !

Hello and welcome, I only smoke a few fish every once in a while (not very often) but never noticed a fish smell Check with other members who do fish all the time

Gary S

Thats a fine looking rig. I smoke fish all year long never had a problem, with odor

taste being left behind. Clean your grating after smoking. Post some pics of food off your rig.

Black fish Ribs

Smoked these 6 racks for the office 2 weeks ago. They went over like a pack of pitbulls on a 3 legged cat. I don't need to change the smoker at all but it might get a facelift soon. And some new shoes.

Thanks for the input fellas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky