hi mtn jerky cracked pepper and garlic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
hello everyone

today i did four pounds of ground elk jerky i used hi mtn's cracked pepper and garlic it turned out pretty good i used hickory

that looks nicccccccceeeeeeee
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
....better than anything anyone could ever buy in a store :)

Lisa

Looks mighty fine Huey! How'd you like the flavor? I found the teriaki very salty for my taste. Can you taste the garlic?

BoyToy -

The jerky shooter, jerky cannon etc. use ground meat (ground hamburger, venison, elk, turkey, bear, fish whatever) and shoot out a ribbon of spiced meat similar to store bought jerky. It's alot like a caulking gun but works well. I got one for xmas last year and thought it was a gag gift - but it's for real.

i used ground elk meat i mixed the seasoning and cure into 2 cups of water and mixed together then i added the mixture to the meat and mixed up the meat i let cure in the fridge for 4 hour then i stuffed the jerky cannon with the meat and squirted it out onto the screen i smoked at 120 for an hour then i raised temp up to 175 and finished at that temp it was done in about 3 1/2 hours
huey

I was wondering how they made jerky strips from ground meat, now I know!

Guess I'm gonna have to get me one of those.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky