• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi from Alabama

onemanlan

Joined Jun 13, 2021
Hey folks,

Found this forum not too long ago and decided to join. Need more BBQ folks in my life & this looks like a good place to do it. The forum activity & diversity seems like a good fit.

I've been smoking for ~4 years at this point. I've had a WSM 14, Weber Gasser, OK Joe Bronco, and KJ Big Joe. They were all taken by a tree fall. (busted album link, sorry)

Currently I have a Weber Performer 22, Humphreys Battle Box, and MB 560. Can't speak good enough about the grills.

WQEnU1jm.jpg
32Fz8HWm.jpg
qRCvm9lm.jpg

I'm happy to be here with you fine folks talking about BBQ with ya. Look forward to chatting with you all more, learning & sharing BBQ knowledge!

Last edited:

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
Lots of knowledge and great people here. Lots to look at in the search section.

Welcome aboard!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have ya join us!
Al

madmax281

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 15, 2017
Welcome to SMF from Houston. You've come to the right place. 👍

onemanlan

Joined Jun 13, 2021
Thanks gents! Hope to contribute a bit here while learning a lot :) That fabrication forum is exciting to me(except my pocket book)!

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Welcome from Ga. You'll find this is the best place to be!

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ, you landed in the right spot! RAY

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Welcome From South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country! The folks here are great! 🍻
John

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Welcome from pa, ya joined the best site around.

912smoker

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Welcome to SMF from SE Ga !
Lots of great folks and info on here !
Keith

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Welcome from Indiana! Good to have you with us!
And keep those new cookers away from trees....
;-)

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2020
Welcome to the he forums. That battle box is awesome. I looked at those but couldn’t justify the price at the time.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Welcome from Iowa! Glad ya joined us! Any questions just ask!

Ryan

BigW.

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 13, 2019
Welcome. You've accumulated some great smokers in a short time period.

onemanlan

Joined Jun 13, 2021
BigW., I've been pretty lucky in the grill dept if we're being honest. Started with the WSM 14 'R2D2' unit & outgrew it quick. Managed to pick up a few early grills second hand to reduce overall costs. The ones that were lost went into funding(insurance) the Battle Box & Weber 22. Decided to go big or go home with the Humphrey's BBQ as a primary smoker & Weber as the go to charcoal grill. Due to circumstances I've been displaced from my home & grills for a bit. During the away time I found the MB 560 on clearance. Decided to snap it up to try since I've always wanted with a gravity feed. Honestly if I could have 50 more smokers I would, but I'm reaching the point where I think one needs to leave before adopting another. I don't cook for huge crowds so what I have suits me and my family. I do miss the Bronco & the Kamado most from the first batch. Good grills.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Nice forum!

WI Smoker77

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Welcome from Wisconsin. You've got some nice grills there, looking forward to some of your cooks. Post pics too!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.