Hey Y'all (Newbie Smoker)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdn54

Original poster
Dec 13, 2016
Texas
Hey y'all, this is Jake from Texas.  I've wanted to get into smoking meats for several years, and finally got a MES 40 for my birthday a few weeks ago.  This forum instantly gave me an insane wealth of advice, and helped me understand some of the basics that I am, and will continue to be clueless about for a while.  I'm looking forward to several trial and errors over the next several years, and will continue to look to this forum for advice.

Welcome Jake, the MES gen 2.5 40" is a fine smoker, easy to operate and the blue tooth makes it even easer and more convenient to operate. I have one plus a WSM 221/2" that I like for different reasons.
If you can fallow instructions you will have no errors unless of course your smoker craps out but I doubt that it will if you have the gen 2.5.
We are here to help with that too if need be but Masterbuilts coustomer service is top of the line.
So have you got the baby seasoned yet?

Randy,

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a yucky ole day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                           great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

She has been seasoned and tested out several times! I've been very happy with it so far. I have been confused about the Gen Model I have, as I just bought it this year but I'm pretty sure it was one of the first generation MES 40's to have a remote. Still works great, but can't understand why a model this old was what Academy was selling. Thanks for the welcomes; this site has been a great learning tool,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky