Hey there!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqshoes

Original poster
Aug 7, 2016
New guy here! Lets see I'm completely new to smoking, sort off. I grew up in the country and a lot of cooking was actually done by smoking or fried over a fire pit. Never done it myself since I moved to go to university. Well now I got a new apartment with small balcony, picked up a second hand weber kettle, some charcoal, some soap stones and a food saver. So I thought Id make an account and start this right 
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the welcome! To answer the soaps stone question, my granddad used soapstone when he used the fire pit back at home. The area we used to live in was really damp and can be kinda cold because of the higher altitude. The stone was supposed to keep the heat in, reducing fuel use.

Charcoal was expensive back home and the wood around was usually damp. I dunno if its gonna work now since my granddad never encountered winters but hey it was cheap from a hardware store 
icon_lol.gif

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky