hey new here

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by kasey, Apr 28, 2009.

1. hi im kasey im 22 from east,tn.i have junk smoker than cant keep heat in.i am realy new at smoking

2. grothe

grothe Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF Kasey....what kind of smoker ya got...post a pic if ya can. I'm sure we can help ya out!!

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

4. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Kasey. Glad you joined us. Please tell us more about your smoker. We can't help you if we don't know anything about it.

5. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard! Like the others have said let us know what kind of smoker you have and I am sure someone will be able to help!

6. its one of the cheap ones that the bottom is open and has a bowl that you put your coals in.the temp gage reads warm,hot,and ideal.got it at a yard sale for $5.i need to get a new one.i am thinking electric

7. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Hello Kasey and welcome aboard. Glad you joined us. Lots of people here use rigs that are similar to yours with great success. Browse the charcoal smoker threads that deal with ECB's, or just ask and folks will be glad to help. Good luck![​IMG]

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Kasey welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Click on this link and see if it looks like your smoker if so then lots of people here have them and they turn out some great stuff on them. They just need some mods to get them to work better

http://www.brinkmann.net/Shop/Detail...-5301-C&id=288

9. uncle_lar

uncle_lar Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

[welcome aboard. there's allot of good knowledge here on just about any kind of smoker you can imagine, so ask allot of questions and you will be able to make a very informed purchase. your gonna love it here!

10. bigbaldbbq

bigbaldbbq Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Hi Kasey, welcome to SMF.

11. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF, you're in for a fun summer.

12. afreetrapper

afreetrapper Fire Starter

Welcome to the group Kasey from east Tennessee back where there still are a lot of smokehouse's being used on the farm. Ain't no such thing as a junk smoker if it makes smoke it will make meat.