Hey hey.....how's it going in meat land?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floridafox

Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Hi. Newbie here, as you figured.
Have never smoked anything in my life, BUT am eager to learn, and excited to talk to other meat enthusiasts.
I am 28, from South Florida, pretty well versed in most things culinary except for smoking/curing. I brine here and there....and thats about it. Now, I'm looking to expand my passion. Would love to get a smoker, but will probably start with the Cabela's dehydrator 80L and learn from there. Suggestions?
In fact, I am still debating which dehydrator model to get.

I'm interested in smoking/dehydrating without curing...or well, using more natural items for curing...and trying to avoid sugar/salt for a friend with a restricted diet. for me, well....I'll eat anything...cure or no cure. Haha.
That's about it!

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us

Welcome to the SMF...be sure to check out the Jerky section and the equipment section, as there are lots of folks around here with advice on both. For smoking...well, ask about anyone. If they don't know, they will post you a link to someone who does. Best of luck!!

well i am fairly new to smoking i have been smoking stuff for 6 months now and so far i and my family have loved everything i would suggest that u take a look at the fatties threads and make a breakfast one they are so good
i have think that this site is the best ever and i am so happy i found it

Welcome, I am sure you will find what you want here.

welcome u came to the right place for info !!
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Welcome to the forum. It only takes one smoke to become addicted. Glad you could join us.

Welcome to SMF. There's tons of info available here, both in the posts and from the people who are here. Take advantage of them. It's a great place!

Welcome to the forum. Look around I am sure you will find answers to any questions that you may have. It won't belong before for you realize how addicting this hobby is.. Meat + Smoke = Great eats. Don't forget the QVIEW..

Thanks everyone! I will soon be posting pics of new adventures in smoking and dehydrating from Deerfield Beach. Fla!
cool.gif

Hello and welcome to the SMF. Enjoy reading about all the great tips and experiences from other happy smokers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky